with Tonia Gooderham, Level 4 LTA Registered coach
- Improve and increase your technical repertoire.
- Understand clearly your tactical role in doubles and singles.
- Enjoy the game more, decrease your frustration levels on court.
- Have a greater understanding of the mental side of the game and how this can impact your performance levels.
- Play with more ease and efficiency and experience peak performance.
Tonia is offering you the opportunity to come along and work on any aspect of your game.
Small group of 2-4 players of a similar standard.
This small focused group coaching is highly effective, as you get the benefit of closed drill situations alongside open matchplay. A perfect combination!
How Does It Work?
- If you are interested contact Tonia by email, or phone for a chat where you can discuss what you might like to focus on (volleys, doubles play, singles tactics, service tips… etc)
- Tonia will register you and match you up with 2 or 3 other players of a similar standard.
OR.. you can find 2 or 3 other players yourself and contact me to arrange a session for your own group.
- Lessons can be a one-off session or Tonia can plan a series of 3 or 4 sessions – it is entirely up to you and your group.
- Cost: ONLY £10 per one hour session (Based on a 4 person group. Costs may depend on the number of players in your group)
Please feel free to call for a chat with Tonia on: 07792757788 or to organise a session email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 players who have described the positive experience they had from working in a small group with Tonia.
I’ve belonged to one of Tonia’s training foursomes for at least a couple of years now. The advantages of a regular four as against ad hoc sessions are considerable, not least of which is a noticeable improvement over time, both individually and in the group as a whole. The continuity from week to week means that these improvements can be re-inforced and built on. Advantages of shared intentions mean that strategic play rapidly improves, everyone following similar principles of court coverage, teamwork, etc. The focus and concentration of a group that meets regularly and trains with specific targets makes for an energetic and rewarding session. Groups can be chosen where members are at a compatible level, which also helps to make the play interesting and challenging.”
Benefits of regular small group coaching:
- Really helpful to combine technical coaching alongside tactical – helps improve overall game.
- Good to have regular sessions – allows progression with skills and tactically – but also constant referrals back to basics eg. watch the ball, move the feet all the time.
- Being observed professionally gives much more accurate feedback about what I am actually doing – it’s not always the same as what I think I am actually doing.
- Playing with a regular group all at similar level means we can progress together – albeit on different tracks.
- My game has improved significantly as a result of these sessions – it’s fun, rewarding, focused and very worthwhile.
- 100% recommend to anyone who wants to be a better player and play better more often.